We’re excited to welcome Kirralea Lyneham to the Children First Training team, offering on-site training to early childhood education centres throughout Sydney.
Kirralea is passionate about providing quality care and education to young children and is a strong advocate for children’s rights. Kirralea’s drive for best practice has her extremely excited to support, guide and inspire educators through her new role as the Training Lead at Children First Training.
With a Bachelor of Education – Early Childhood (0-8yrs) and Cert IV in Training and Assessment, Kirralea comes with 24 years’ experience as an early childhood teacher in services from Long Day Care to Kids Club and Vacation Care. She also enjoyed an invaluable experience supporting children and their families as the Director of a child care centre in a remote Far North Queensland community.
Alongside her role as an early childhood educator at Children First, Kirralea has also spent the past four years teaching the Certificate III in Early Childhood Education at TAFE NSW, and with the Disabilities Unit supporting and mentoring students studying the Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care. She’s also worked in an online capacity through her role with Open Colleges as an online assessor.
Kirralea’s wealth of early childhood education and teaching experiences are an asset to the Children First Training team, allowing them to deliver more services to the early childhood community. As the Training Lead, Kirralea will be providing customised on-site training for your educator team in the comfort and convenience of your own service.
Centre Managers often find providing professional development opportunities for all staff a little tricky due to busy schedules and the difficulty of finding replacement staff to cover shift. Our on-site training could be your answer.
What are the benefits of on-site training?
- Encourages collaboration, communication and effective teamwork
- Assists your team in working towards and developing common goals
- Improves self-esteem and team morale
- Links to Quality Area 4 – Educators, co-ordinators and staff members work collaboratively to affirm, challenge, support and learn from each other to further develop their skills and to improve practice and relationships
- It lowers training costs per person (which means more money in your training budget!)
- Creates consistency for all staff in regard to current and best practice
Best of all:
- We can customise training to suit the needs of your service, and
- We can come at a time that suits you – evenings or weekends!