The Growing Potential Scholarship provides a competitive and fair application process for those interested in completing the Graduate Certificate in NDIS Business Development at UNE.
The Scholarship Committee would like to hear from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people with an interest in furthering their skills in providing disability services for the Aboriginal community through the NDIS. Those who are particularly keen on making a difference in their community are encouraged to apply.
Distance is no barrier in applying for or being successful in the Growing Potential Scholarship as the University of New England is an online university, welcoming students from all over Australia.
To apply for the Scholarship, you must:
- Be recognised as an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander person
- Have proven experience in the disability sector
- Currently work in, or be on the path towards, business managemen (or show proven involvement in leadership activities in work / life / study)
- Be committed to improving the health of Indigenous communities
- Be committed to completing and excelling at the course
Desirable additional criteria:
- Previous education skills, showing the ability to complete the course
- Ability to engage with media and relevant stakeholders to promote Indigenous Health
Applicants will be required to:
- Complete the online application
- Participate in a video interview with the scholarship committee for shortlisted applicants
Scholarship recipients are required to:
- Commence the UNE course in June 2019 (second trimester)
- Attend a Scholarship Ceremony in Sydney in March 2019 (travel and accommodation will be covered)