Children First is a not for profit organisation that provides preschool, long day care, occasional care, before and after school care, and vacation care services in the Blacktown area. It operates out of six sites and approximately 700 children attend these services in any week. In addition to providing child care services from its own centres, Children First are funded to operate family support services to centres, families and children across Western Sydney.
We are currently recruiting for an OOSH educator, to work at our Shelly Public School Outside of School Hours (SOSH) Centre, located in Shelly Public School.
The hours for this role are:
School Terms: Monday to Friday 3 hours per day, 15 hours per week (2:30pm – 5:30pm). With a possibility to pick up extra hours.
School Holidays: Monday to Friday 3.5 hours per day, 17.5 hours per week (7am – 10:30am). With a possibility to pick up extra hours.
Essential Criteria to be addressed:
- Minimum Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care OR Certificate IV in School Age Education and Care.
- Must hold a current First Aid certificate, Asthma and Anaphylaxis training.
- Hold a current Working with Children Check Number.
- Demonstrated experience working with school age children in an OOSH setting.
- An excellent working knowledge of National Quality Standards, including My Time, Our Place.
- Demonstrated ability to document and evaluate children’s learning and wellbeing.
- The ability to form warm, responsive relationships with children, parents and staff.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and use of information technology platforms.
- Initiative and capacity to work with minimal supervision and in a team environment
- Minimum one year experience working in an OOSH Centre
- Own drivers licence
We offer an award rate salary and great conditions.
For an application pack email Ashleigh at [email protected]
Please note: No application will be considered unless we receive a completed Children First application form addressing each of the essential criteria explicitly, along with a copy if your resume and cover letter.
Applications Close: Wednesday 8th January 2020
**Please note, we will be closed from Friday 20th December 2019 – Monday 6th January 2020. All applications received during this period will be responded to after the 6th of January.