Children First is a not for profit organisation that provides preschool, long day care, occasional care, before and after school care, and vacation care services in the Blacktown area. It operates out of six sites and approximately 700 children attend these services in any week. In addition to providing child care services from its own centres, Children First are funded to operate family support services to centres, families and children across Western Sydney.
We are currently recruiting for an OOSH educator, to work at our Hassall Grove Outside of School Hours (HGOSH) Centre, located in Hassall Grove Public School.
The hours for this role are:
School Terms: Monday to Friday 5 hours per day, 25 hours per week (7am – 9am and 2:30pm – 5:30pm)
School Holidays: Monday to Friday 3.5 hours per day, 17.5 hours per week (7am – 10:30am). With a possibility to pick up extra hours.
Essential Criteria to be addressed:
- Working towards or completed minimum Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care OR Certificate IV in School Age Education and Care.
- Must hold a current First Aid certificate, Asthma and Anaphylaxis training.
- Hold a current Working with Children Check Number.
- Demonstrated experience working with school age children in an OOSH setting.
- An excellent working knowledge of the My Time, Our Place.
- Demonstrated ability to document and evaluate children’s learning and wellbeing.
- The ability to form warm, responsive relationships with children, parents and staff.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and use of information technology platforms.
- Innovative and capacity to work with minimal supervision and in a team environment
- Minimum one year experience working in an OOSH Centre
- Own drivers licence
We offer an award rate salary and great conditions.
For an application pack email Ashleigh at [email protected]
Please note: No application will be considered unless we receive a completed Children First application form (contained in the application pack) addressing each of the essential criteria explicitly, along with a copy if your resume and cover letter.
Applications Close: Friday 25th January 2019